Monday, October 24, 2011

10 Rules of Composition

Room for Movement: I left some room ahead of my parents walking and to the left to imply they were walking.

Impact: Because this picture is bright and my sister's hand is in focus , it grabs the viewers attention right away.

Leading Lines: The camera is on the ground so the lens is eye level with the line on the concrete leading you down the path

Rule of Thirds: You can easily break this into thirds because there is so much going on.


This could be both framing and symmetry because the sides are both the same, yet they also frame the subject.

Biggest Boldest Brightest

K.I.S.S. There was nothing else needed except this shot. 

Balance: The cars on both sides balance this out. 

Avoid Mergers: Just a few moments before he was in front of the monument so I had to wait so it didn't look like it was coming out of his head.
Cropping: I cut out most of my sister to get what I needed

No comments:

Post a Comment